Saturday, February 03, 2007

What will get me first?

Bird Flu. Global Warming. Inflation. War. Cancer. "It's the number one killer today, and it could be in your dinner. Stay tuned for the news at 10:00PM."
Geez. Could the news make this world sound any worse? I have become very concerned about global warming. Not because I am a tree hugging liberal but because I can't decide what to believe. As near as I can tell, every documentary, study, and research paper is funded by some organization, corporation, or municipality. Every organization, corporation, and municipality has an interest in the outcome...an interest. Think about it. You wouldn't hire a PR firm to make you look bad. You wouldn't pay for documentaries that wouldn't do what you needed done. Can we really trust the media? All of the scare tactics and misrepresentation is starting to feel old. Did the moon landing really happen or did some studio assist the government in selling all of us a load of crap?
I like to think that global warming is caused by humans. In fact, I believe that humans contribute to global warming, but I also believe that the earth tries to balance itself. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Earth will fight back. I'm not suggesting that Earth has a conscience and is seeking to take out humans. I am suggesting that Earth will make an effort to balance. It seems to me that a pandemic bird flu could be a good thing. Wiping out a portion of the population would reduce global warming. Survival of the fittest.
I can't go on like this. I get so upset by all of this that I just can't think about it anymore. I'm officially tapping out of this thought process for now. Please comment or email me with suggestions about global warming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well mrs. jay, I would suggest manufacturing consent to you, a book by noam chomsky if you want to get your fix on the propagandist media machine and it's role in society's fear, then the peoples history of the united states by howard zinn for a quick lesson in the real stories which serve as the foundation for this not-so-great country... at least not great in the sense that our patriotism is predicated on skewed facts and deliberate deceit, but hey, that's the american way right?? as for global warming, it's been going on, it will continue to go on, and politician and activist will continue to use it as a platform to spew rhetoric about the ills of it... all things atrophy, it is the nature of the beast, why should the ozone not adhere to the same set of rules?

Anonymous said...

politicians i should have said...