Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Holiday...


You may have noticed that I haven't posted very much lately. I have been on a semi-technology free holiday.


My cell phone doesn't work dependably anymore. I only have signal occasionally. At first, I was ANGRY! My lifeline was broken. What was I to do? How would I tweet and check blogs while out and about? I was actually concerned about the fact that I was receiving text messages days after they were actually sent. I even went so far as to swipe the hubs iPhone. He caught me, so I played it off like I just needed to borrow it for a minute. I was totally about to stick my sim card in the back and do a dance in the driveway.


About three days in to "my life circa 1995," I actually started to feel a strange calmness. I am told this sensation is called relaxation. It is eerily pleasurable. I even got in bed before midnight...two nights in a row. I let laundry pile up, and the fresh fruit rotted. We ate take out, and I wore the t-shirt I slept in all day long. The nuggets were shocked when I didn't mop the floor after dinner.


Just when I thought I had finally learned how to stop and smell the roses, Monday happened. Clients had noticed my broken cell phone. The office phone rang all day. I even answered it, "Grand Central Station" after lunch. Thank goodness it was a coworker on the other end of that salutation! So, I think my holiday is over. I will eventually replace my broken cell phone. Until then, I am going to love not answering tax questions at 10:00PM. Seriously, who has a tax 911 at that hour?
By the way, I added the picture of the flowers 'I am not smelling' to give you something to look at whilst you read my boring dribble.

2 comments:

Sunshine Mama said...

Hey, I love your flower picture. I suppose I could try going technology-less too, but the thought of NOT blogging makes me nervous. We have a trac fone for a cell so I don't have all those little added things, but I definitely would miss the computer.
Also, I am working on those before and after pictures.

Colleen said...

Well my cell phone never works unless I go into to town, because we live so far out in the middle of no where in a valley surrounded by hills that there is no network we can pick up. Not even that one that claims to be everywhere. But I don't know what I'd do with out internet access.