Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Too Little Too Late...

I mentioned a while back that the hubs and I had gathered the nuggets and attempted a vacation. At long last, here are some photographs of the event.



We always take a cooler with us to the beach. It's a lovely cooler with a strap and place to put our camera. This year, we included pop ice with the drinks and such.

Layton loves pirate items. He just had to have a patch, gun, and sword from Souvenir City.

Yes, that is me basically fully clothed in the Gulf of Mexico. The glare of the sun off my white skin has blinded innocent children in the past, so I refrain from hurting others.


Layton (AKA Tater Chop) was precious. His black eye was healing nicely on the trip.


We took a ride to Fort Morgan. It was hot. No, it was HOT!! I forced the children to let me take their picture with an anchor. You can tell from Ella's face that this was not a picture they wanted to be in.




We ate.





And ate.








Layton got a chill and had to cover up.









They played in the surf.








They posed for pictures.








I took this picture through the binoculars. I thought it turned out pretty good. There were a number of off shore platforms in the distance. I didn't know much about them before the trip and probably still don't know much about them. I did learn that some of the platforms cost close to $500,000,000 to build. Think about how much money an oil or gas company must make off of a platform if they are willing to spend half a billion dollars to build one.

















No comments: