Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Old Times and Good Times...

Every year during the first week of October, our community hosts the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention. This event is a huge amount of fun!!! I even blogged about how much I love it a couple of years ago.

Here is a picture of one of the craft areas. The booths line campus in familiar spots every year. If you knit, paint, sculpt, leather work, iron work, wood work...ANYTHING...you should consider contacting the organizers for a booth next year. The dates are already set! Anyways, Ella always likes to look at the clothes. She racked up this year. She was able to walk away with four outfits and have two ordered. Layton got two outfits and a "sling shooter." I don't know why he calls it that. We kept telling him that it is really a sling shot. Yes, I can see the co pays in my future. We haven't let him use it in the house though. Only outside....with paper wadded up...unless daddy is helping...who am I kidding? I am betting money we'll have a broken window in less than a month.


The notorious sling shooter.


Layton loved the food. He sat on the bleachers and made a table for himself.

The drama queen finishing lunch and getting ready to spend daddy's hard earned money...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I bet the crafts and hand made things are beautiful. I love seeing other's craftiness.

Mommie Daze said...

How fun! That sling shot sounds like the the real hockey puck my husband brought home for David a while ago. I told him he better start saving up for the new window we were going to have to buy.