Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I am Ashamed...

I am ashamed to admit it, but I did some shopping outside of downtown Athens recently. The children really, really wanted to go see the new Christmas Carol movie. I caved and took them to Huntsville to see it in 3-D.



We went to Bridge Street. I'm sure that it has some proper name...like Bridge Street Towne Center....or something like that, but I just call it Bridge Street. I've only been there a few times and was a little nervous that I'd get lost on the way to/from the shopping complex.


We bought our tickets a few hours before the movie started. Then, I took the children to a few stores and to Cantina Laredo to eat. It was yummy. Layton ate a corn dog....in a Mexican restaurant. Hadley and Ella were a little more adventurous with their meal selections though.


Here are the three of my babes looking out at the fake lake that goes through Bridge Street. They also have gondolas and peddle boats. If only Bridge Street had been completed several years ago...Jay wouldn't have had to take me all the way to Italy for a gondola ride. :)




Ella had the most fun out of all three during the shopping/walking portion of our trip.





This is the fountain right in front of the movie theater. They just had to look at it and throw money into it.



Overall, it was a fun time, but the movie was too scary for Layton. He sat curled up in my lap with his hands over his ears. I actually enjoyed holding him.

No comments: