Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans, Layton, and Lee Greenwood...

Last night, Layton's preschool put on a program. The program was titled "Salute to America." Layton wasn't too fond of the music played whilst the children were entering the stage area. The evidence:

Yes, he is covering his ears. He did such a good job though. He sang all the songs and knew the arm movements too. He recited the pledge of allegiance...even though he had the wrong hand over his heart. It was completely adorable.

Usually, we make a big deal out of the programs and plays the children participate in, but this time was completely different. You see, I forgot about the program. That's correct; I completely forgot. It was in big, bold letters on my calendar, and I still forgot. When I picked him up, the teacher reminded me to have him at school by 6:15. I thought to myself....what for? Then, it hit me!



Overall, the whole evening turned out lovely. We had to make an emergency run to K-Mart for a red shirt and had to eat Chinese take out, but we also got to hear Layton rock out to the Lee Greenwood anthem. He was almost head banging during the really dramatic part of the song.


No comments: