Friday, June 25, 2010

One of Those Days...

Have you ever had one of those days when no one does anything specific to upset you, but you are just plain mad at the world? I had one of those days today. There were several little things that bothered me, but they were just little things that ordinarily I would have laughed off. Today though, it made my mood even blacker.

One thing that really, really bugs me is when people try to tell me how to do my job. For example, the employee of a company I prepare payroll for emailed me today. He tried to tell me that I was withholding the wrong amount from his check. Seriously. As if I haven't been doing this job for a decade. As if he has ever prepared a single payroll in his whole life. As if he understands the effect of a cafeteria plan on tax calculation. It took me a few tries, but I finally got him to understand the math. The real problem is that he filled out his w-4 incorrectly. I am withholding exactly what he requested; he just requested the wrong thing. So, then I had to walk him through filling out his w-4 correctly. Come on man. If you're single, freaking mark it single! Not married!