Monday, June 28, 2010

The Tip Meter Is Running...

There is a restaurant off the interstate in Tennessee that we have stopped to eat at several times over the years. It's not the classiest of places, but in a pinch it will do. Notice the sign...


Posted by Picasa

The food keeps getting worse and the prices keep getting higher. One of the last times we ate there, the waitress brought me our ticket. I reviewed it and gave her my card. She charged us a totally different amount!! Since she had swiped my card for $6 more than the bill, I didn't leave her a tip. Does that make me a crappy patron? I left both tickets out and circled the difference. This is only the second time that Jay and I have not left a tip. The first was at an Olive Garden. The waiter took forever to bring our drinks. And then, the guy took Hadley's crayons away. Seriously. She was the only child we had at the time, and the waiter took away her crayons and kids menu!! Then, he kept our survey ticket with the coupon for free desert on it. He never brought it back to us after we gave him the credit card!! It was such an awful experience that we didn't leave a tip.

So, I have to ask. How many of you have eaten somewhere and didn't leave a tip?