Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Proof I Am Not a Total Scrooge...

My last two posts made it seem like I am a Scrooge. That's really not the case. There are many things that I positively adore about Christmas. One of my favorite things is getting Christmas/Holiday cards in the mail. If you know me in real life, you know that I LOVE getting mail. I LOVE to send mail too!! To me there is something so intimate about reading a person's words in their own print rather than Times New Roman. :)

Normally, I do not send many Christmas cards, but this year....I just HAVE to!! In my area, it is really popular to send out fancy cards with pictures of your family. So I did what any gal would do and went on-line to find a good site for cards. And boy, did I hit the jackpot!!!

Shutterfly has a huge selection to choose from and has a lot of promotions to make it affordable.

I like so many of the cards!!

This one is probably my favorite.



It also comes in a folded card format, so you can write a message on the inside. How neat is that?!?!?

As if that weren't enough, you can get thank you cards too for sending after the holidays!




After I finished picking out the pictures for my Christmas cards, I perused the rest of the merchandise available. Does anyone else love looking at baby pictures as much as I do? The birth announcements are so adorable. How sweet is this little one?


There were also desk calendars and holiday cards that are appropriate for any family, religious or not. I was very impressed with the selection.

You'll have to wait and see which card I ended up using. I think it turned out really, really nice. This is the first time I have ever purchased Christmas cards like this before. Normally, I just buy a box at the store and sign our names inside. This year I was able to customize a card with pictures of the whole family and our names. I was convinced it would be difficult or expensive to have cards with photos, but Shutterfly made it so easy and affordable. I am super excited about it too!!

And, if you are interested in gettting 50 FREE cards, click Here. :)