Tuesday, November 23, 2010

So, It Starts Again...

I was in the band. I played the French horn. I hated it, but I never told my parents that. I really wanted to play the flute, but my mom and dad really seemed to want me to play the French horn. So, I did.

Band starts in the 6th grade here in Small Town, USA. Hadley heard about the band and really wanted to sign up. What did she want to play? The flute. I was tickled pink to rent one for her. That's how they do it nowadays. You get to rent the flute for a set amount of money. If your child decides to play something else, you just swap it out. After a few months, you have the option to buy the instrument or return it at the end of the year. How nuts is that??!!! The large brass instruments were and still are owned by the school because it would be completely cost prohibitive for parents to buy $4,000 horns.

Hadley's band gave a performance at the last PTO meeting. I was totally disgusted that the performance was sandwiched in the middle of the meeting in order to boost attendance. Nice play, PTO. Anyway, I had to show off a picture of my eldest rocking out. Well, not rocking out, but she is sitting and waiting to rock out any minute.


Posted by Picasa

So now I am looking at a future full of concerts, quotas, football games, and trips.