Monday, January 24, 2011

The Day Another Man Kissed Me in Front of the Hubs...And The Hubs Liked It...

We don't go to a lot of concerts. I've been to quite a few in my life, but only because a friend's father owned the local radio station for years and years. He would let us work the concerts selling t-shirts, Cd's, etc as a way to make money for our majorette uniforms. Those are not cheap. Seriously.

Jay is a huge Guns 'N Roses fan. The Appetite for Destruction album flat out rocked. You have to admit that. It came out 24 years ago, and you know you still nod your head when Welcome to the Jungle or Paradise City comes on the radio. In fact, a lot of those songs still play on the radio on a fairly regular basis. 24 years later!

So when we heard that Steven Adler (the original drummer) had a band and was going to be within driving distance of us, tickets were purchased. We went to Buford, GA to a rock cafe. It was so much fun!!!

We got there early, so we could eat something. And guess who came strolling in? Yes, Steven Adler!! So we said hello, and he was really nice. We even got a couple of pictures after the show.

And the show? Let me break it down for you. There was an opening act. A semi-big local band played for a while. They were your typical local band. Lots of covers. Lots of booze. They were doing shots on stage. Then, out came Adler's Appetite. They rocked the joint!!! There was no comparison between the opening act and these guys. There is a reason professional musicians achieve success. :)

Seriously, it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. The caliber of their performance was absolutely top notch! I knew they would be good, but I never anticipated just how good. I mean, Steven Adler has quite literally consumed mountains of heroin and cocaine, been arrested half a dozen times at least, was forced out of the band because of substance abuse, has had two strokes from overdoses, and showed up at his sober living facility wasted. I half expected him to slur his speech and shoot up on stage. By all accounts though, he is completely sober now. The whole night he only drank water and Coca Cola.

After the show, the band hung around to give autographs and take pictures with the fans/concertgoers. Here I am with the one and only Steven Adler.



Right after this picture, I turned to him to say thank you and happy birthday. Instead, the man planted a huge kiss right on my lips! I turned so red and looked at Jay. Who immediately wanted a kiss from a woman who had kissed Steven Adler. HA!


We were at this club. The 37 Main Rock Cafe. It was the neatest place to see a concert. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't small either. They had a great menu, and honestly, I ate some of the best potato skins I have ever had there. I wasn't expecting that in a rock cafe. In Buford.


Jay and I were lucky enough to get a table for seating instead of having to stand. It was one of the absolute best concerts I have ever been to.