Saturday, May 28, 2011

Swinging...

Our backyard is much like a desert. There is no plant life other than grass. It's a cookie cutter neighborhood, so all the trees were destroyed when the neighborhood was planned and started. I've never like it. I prefer to have some shade or a nice tree for a swing. I grew up with a tire swing in my backyard. I spent many an hour whirling and twirling. Yes, I prefer woodsy backyards.

We were lucky enough to attend a friend's birthday party recently. The family lives in the historical part of Athens and have done an outstanding job of renovating the home. My favorite part? Hands down....the giant tree in the back yard with the fun swing hanging from its branches.




I think Layton liked it too.




Maybe someday I will find a home with a tree in the yard. :)
Posted by Picasa