Sunday, June 19, 2011

How Did I Find Myself Here Again?...

One of the things from my life that I can honestly say I both loved and hated was twirling. I spent more time in gyms filled with hair spray and sequins than I should really admit in public. I pull out the batons and swing them around every now and then to entertain the children. I've never used "Mississippi State University Feature Twirler" on my resume though. Ha!

It does come in handy from time to time though. When Hadley's friend Sydnee decided to tryout for dance twirl team, I was the obvious choice to help her out with some of her flag moves. :)


Posted by Picasa

She made the team!! I was so proud of her!!!

The next week another little girl called me to see if I would give her lessons. That Friday another young woman asked me why Hadley didn't try out and said that she can see me twirling in my driveway from time to time.

Even though I had fun working and practicing my old  twirling skills, I couldn't help but wonder...How did I wind up here again? In a driveway with batons?