Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ornament Shortfall....

I've been a bit of a grinch the last couple of years. I'm not really sure why, but I just haven't had much Christmas spirit. It just seems that the season has become so commercialized and rushed that there isn't much time to enjoy being with family.

In fact, a couple of years ago, I threw out the majority of my ornaments with the intention of buying all new ornaments in the same color scheme so as to have a pretty tree. Did I get around to it? No.

This year I realized that I didn't have enough ornaments to actually cover the tree. Hmmm. So as Christmas cards came in the mail, I punched holes in them and hung them on the tree as a substitute.

Don't be alarmed if your family's faces were on my Christmas tree. We're not stalking you.

I just failed to ever actually replace the ornaments I threw out.


So all of your beautiful cards had to be my "decorations" this year.


Surely one of these days I will actually learn to decorate and make a beautiful tree.

Posted by Picasa


Until then, thank you all for sprucing up our tree.