Thursday, June 14, 2012

Balancing Act...

Life has become a careful balancing act. Trying to balance mothering my children, work, housework, volunteering, and marriage is not an easy task. There are times when I feel like I am sinking. There are other times when I feel like a superhero for accomplishing as much as I do in a day.


 
Posted by Picasa

Honestly, I keep thinking it will get easier. I tell myself that tomorrow will be easier...that I will figure it all out and be the mom who has the answers for how to juggle it all. I don't know if anyone ever figures out how to do it all and still look like Donna Reed at the end of the day. Most days I look pretty scary by the time the day is over. Scary might be an understatement. My hair is frizzy, there is no makeup left on my face, there are stains on my clothes, and I'm flat out smelly. No, I do not greet J at the door with a fresh coat of lipstick and wearing pearls. Sometimes my children's toenails are dirty and untrimmed. Sometimes the children skip a bath. Sometimes I go days on end without shaving my legs. The bathrooms are not always clean. There are dust bunnies under the table. BUT. We have dinner every night and start each day with clean clothes. No one goes hungry. No one goes without a hug and kiss. There is no lack of love even if my carpet is stained. What more do I really need to accomplish?