Monday, July 02, 2012

Good, Ole Six Eyes...

Ella has glasses. Duh. She is also really big on wearing sunglasses in the Summer. For the past couple of years, I have bought her cheap sunglasses that will fit over her glasses, and she has been okay with it.



 
Posted by Picasa

This year she has been begging for prescription sunglasses. I just can't seem to justify spending that kind of money on sunglasses for a child though. What do you think? Is it a waste of money? I wouldn't want to invest in a nice pair knowing that her vision is likely to change by the next season. I prefer to use our vision coverage for her daily frames and lenses as opposed to sunglasses.

I can remember being a child with glasses and really, really wanting a pair of prescription sunglasses. I never had any though. I never wore sunglasses much until after I was an adult. J introduced me to the joys of sunglasses. I guess I just got in the habit of not wearing sunglasses as a young person and didn't want any. Now though, I wear sunglasses every day that is even remotely sunny.