Friday, July 20, 2012

Thistle...Gotta Get the Thistle...

This picture is specifically for Jim and Kaye. I thought it was funny and took a picture of it. Then, I googled it thinking it was some kind of joke.


Imagine my surprise when I found out what a Thistle Farmer really is.





Boy, do I feel like a jerk for thinking it was some kind of joke!! It's a wonderful organization that helps women recover from addiction, get off the streets, learn skills for jobs, and help women who survived prostitution or trafficking. They make all natural bath products, paper products, and gift sets for teachers, etc. I think I'm going to order some of the bath products soon. I took this picture as a joke because Kaye and Jim got temporarily obsessed with pulling up thistles, and I learned about an incredible group of women who are changing lives 90 miles from my house instead. Who's the thistle now?