Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Random Thoughts and Observations...


-I would love to have a fish fry soon. I'm going to make every effort to convince my mother-in-law to do it one weekend. I actually am lazy enough to beg Mama Kaye to fry some fish for me instead of frying some for myself. Wait, I'm not lazy; I'm so dang exhausted from chasing all 300 of my children all over the world all the time that I have to make easy meals.

-Exhaustion. This is a word that I am not dealing with very well. I think that last Friday I hit the wall. I don't know how all of you moms do it. I see you at the soccer field with all of your clean and well fed children. You seem neither stressed nor overwhelmed. I, on the other hand, had hair so frizzed out that a friend didn't recognize me...there was something on my shirt that might have come from dinner or somewhere I don't want to think about...I was sweating like a man...like a truck driving man...my toenail polish was chipped and a muss...Ella had jelly in her hair...Hadley cried twice at the football game...Layton said, "War Damn Eagle"...and now DHR is going to hunt me down because my child dropped the D word...and to top it off I was so jacked up on caffeine that my hands were shaking like I was going through alcohol withdrawal. Seriously, how the heck do you other moms do it? I actually look like the crazy, stressed out mess that I am; why do you women look so put together and relaxed? I hate you. But in a loving yet jealous way.


-I saw a baby whose chunky little legs literally made me stupid. Oh Liam, you and your cute little rolls and cute little personality were almost too much for me. I am still high off baby. I am definitely going to need to squeeze those legs again. Anna - Call me; your baby was so relaxing to look at and play with.


-I got to eat lunch with my friend Lori. She is one of the nicest and coolest people you could ever meet. We've known each other for about 11 years but don't get to eat much together because we live and work in different communities. Lori - We seriously need to make more of an effort to do lunch and dinner together!!


-The best quip I've heard in a long, long time came from my dear friend Shannon's mouth. If you see her out and about, please ask her if wine comes in small bottles. Thank me later for giving you the opportunity to have a laugh with her.


-We're going to grill out for dinner tonight. Mostly, it's because only one child has a practice after school today, so I might just be able to relax for about 10 minutes later. I never thought I'd be so happy to only have one activity...


-Last and certainly not least, I am super pumped about the Athens Grease Festival and the Bojangles Apple Annie Golf Tournament. I am going to be posting flyers and information for both over the next week. Please, if you live nearby and can attend either event, I promise you will love them both!!