Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Year in Review...Or Fast Forward...One of the Two...

Today is the last day of 2013. This year has really gone by fast. All of the codependents have grown and changed. We have had a good year.

I still have not looked at a single picture from Christmas. Maybe I will do that one day this week. Or next year.

I am very depressed about having to work this week. Not because I mind the work, mind you. It's because I have a really good and really long book that is in the back of my mind. I still have a couple hundred pages to go, and I would rather be on my sofa reading A Prayer for Owen Meany than getting up and going to work. I didn't realize that it was 617 pages when I ordered it. So me. BUT, a dear friend recommended it, and I couldn't resist. It's not a new publication, and I probably should have read it long ago. I'm not even finished with it, and I am recommending it to you. Whoever you are.


Fact. Life is messy. Spiritually, emotionally, physically. I kind of like it though. Not the actual messes that have to be cleaned up. The messes that exist inside me. If my soul weren't so cluttered and full of broken bits, I wouldn't be the same. I wouldn't see the beauty in simplicity the same way I do now. I wouldn't see the beauty in surviving or the joy of learning something new. I have grown to love many of my disheveled parts. That gives the messy a sense of peace. During this last year I have definitely found more peace with myself. I am slowly but surely letting go of the things that caused the messes inside me. Maybe 2014 will be the year I fully embrace the mess.

 
Posted by Picasa


Enjoy the day. Enjoy tonight. Happy New Year!