Monday, October 30, 2006

Seriously, How Cool is that?!?!?!?!?!?



Every year, I ask my children what they want to be for Halloween. This year, Ella told me she wanted to be, "Chuck Norris." Seeing as how there aren't a lot of Chuck costumes for 3 year olds, I asked her what her second choice was. She replied, "Green Pringles." Well, being the type of person who will jump through hoops of fire for my babies, I decided to attempt to make Ella into Green Pringles. As near as I can tell, it worked. She has a turtleneck and leggings to wear under the can. These pictures were of her final "fitting." More pictures of all the children nuggets in their costumes later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, my confidence increased, and I created the whole thing myself. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do it and have to call in my extremely artistic older sibling, but it turned out fine without assistance.

123 said...

Well...First, I called our local cardboard manufacturing plant. I had them make a 12 inch in diameter concrete form. It was just over 4.5 feet tall. Next, I used a hack saw to cut it to the appropriate length. I wanted one that would give me plenty of tube in case it took more than one attempt. Then, I used basic white primer spray paint to cover up all the yucky black print from the cardboard creation. I followed the primer with three coats of green spray paint.
I used excel to create a spreadsheet that contained all of the nutritional information. I edited out all the spanish...simpley because it was easier to type without it. Because Ella eats pringles non-stop, I had several empty cans around the house. I took one to my local printing specialty shop. I used their color laser printer to enlarge the familiar face, logo, and flavor type. Close to the end now...I sprayed the whole can with a clear coat and stuck the logo, face, nutrition, etc. on the wet spray. After everything dried, I used electrical tape to outline the nutritional facts. To attach the straps, I used a cordless drill and a 3/18 bit. The straps are actually shoe strings...easy to adjust and comfortable on Ella's shoulders. Last, I sprayed the whole thing again with the clear coat. Now, it's water-resistant and ready to go!!!