Thursday, December 10, 2009

He Asked For What?!!???!!....

Something I might not have mentioned in the past is that my mother-in-law is diabetic. The children are all used to her insulin shots and sugar tests. They used to be obsessed with watching her prick her finger, but now it's old news to them.

Something I know I have mentioned is my love of Tivo. He's my best friend. He knows what shows I like to watch. He knows when to record a few minutes longer, so I can see the previews of next week. He saves me from screaming children when they need to potty during a movie.


Layton and I were watching TV several weeks ago when the phone rang. I paused the show and answered the phone not paying attention to what commercial was on.

This is what the TV was paused on:



The phone call finished, and Layton told me he wanted a "sugar tester" for Christmas. Seriously, he pointed at the Accu Chek and told me that's what he wanted from Santa Clause. He explained that Mama Kaye has one, and he wants to check his sugar too.


My little cherub wants diabetes testing supplies from Santa. Wilford Brimley would be so proud...
Needless to say, he's getting Batman instead...

2 comments:

Mallory said...

haha too funny!

KK said...

how funny!