Thursday, January 28, 2010

Find Joy In Everything...

My life has been wonderful. I have been blessed with far more goodness than I deserve. I have chosen to keep my blog upbeat.

I have three beautiful children.

I have a husband who loves me more than anything else on the world.

I have an education.

I have a home and a car.

I have a truly splendid existence.

Sorry, that makes it sound like I am bragging. That is not the purpose of this post. The purpose is make a few truths known about me.

I have experienced loss.

I have experienced tragedy.

I have been victimized.

I have been afraid.

I have survived.


None of these things makes my life any less blessed. None of these things makes me look back on my life and not think of it as wonderful. I am a "glass half full" person. Sometimes God has asked me to walk a path that I didn't want to walk. I walked it anyway. I didn't ask...WHY ME???...even though I wanted to. The "why" is not important. How I pick myself up and keep going is the important part. Faith. Faith keeps me going.

I have chosen to keep my blog upbeat. Sure, sometimes I want to have an all out cuss fit. Then I remind myself that having a cuss fit on my blog won't make things any better. Describing every negative aspect of my life won't make it any better.

I have chosen to keep my blog upbeat. Sure, sometimes I want to wallow in self pity because of something that happened a decade ago. Then I remind myself that the past is over and done. Maybe I will never get over certain things that have happened, but I have learned to get past it.

I have chosen to keep my blog upbeat.

No comments: