Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Field Day Fun With Ella...

Field day was something my elementary school put on toward the end of the year every year. I'm sure other schools call it different things, but it was field day for us. The day always started with relays. Here's my little Ella in her relay line...




She ran so hard!!! She did her absolute best!!

The hurdle event was not her favorite event. She actually ran around the hurdle!! It was so precious!! She knew that the hurdle was too tall for her, so she just went around it!!
Posted by Picasa


My favorite relay that she participated in was the water balloon pop. The children ran from one end of the field to the other, grabbed a water balloon, put it in a chair, and sat on it to pop it. Ella tried to sit on it once. She very quickly realized that she did not have enough mass to pop the small balloon, so she picked it up and threw it on the ground to pop it!! My pictures were blurry though, so I haven't posted any of those!