Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Smudges of Joy...

Have you ever noticed that children are never clean? They look clean for about 5 minutes after their bath. Without fail my little ones always have a smudge of marker or ink on a hand. They like to color and create. Thank you, ancestors, for those genes. I missed out on the creative DNA, but my children did not. Painting, drawing, building, and imagining are their most favorite things.

I, on the other hand, can organize. I am efficient. I do not care how it looks. I want to get the job done. J is an engineer. No, not on a train. In a lab. Or something. I don't know what he does, but we got to go there once and play on a scud missile launcher. Yeah, J and I are never going to open an art studio or anything of that nature.

 
Posted by Picasa

Even on days spent outside, there is always a smudge on small hands.

These are my smudges of joy...

Unless the smudge in on a brand new dress, 15 minutes before a family photo session, or church...