Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oh, he's a Massey...

Layton is adorable. He walks around stealing food off others' plates and grinning about his pacifier. Then, when he can go no further, he goes to sleep...even if it's on the floor beside his crib. He's exactly like me. I have the ability to go full speed for great lengths of time, but the moment I get ready to crash, watch out because I might land on you. I wake up in the morning and go non-stop until it's bedtime. Jay says that I reach "the point." I'll get in the bed and turn on mindless TV and start to drift. Apparently, I will answer all questions the same. Jay asks, "Are you sleepy?" I grunt. Jay asks, "Did you get the newspaper today?" I grunt. Jay asks, "How do you feel about the war in Iraq?" I grunt. It's the point. The point where I can't go any further. At least I am grown and get in the bed when I reach the point. Well, most of the time I make it to bed. Jay has roused me from the couch, surrounded by the towels I was folding, on more than one occasion. I love my little Layton.


1 comment:

Tina said...

WOW! Layton is really changing. In the first picture of him asleep I can see a little bit of Hadley in him. He's really growing up fast.