Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Friday Not the 13th...But Close Enough...

So, I mentioned Layton's surgery. In short, he had to have some repair to his ear drum, tubes in both ears, and have his adenoids removed. I thought I'd share a few of the pictures Ella insisted on taking and one that I took.

This is Layton with "Ugly Red" before we got called to the back.


After the uneventful trip to the "behind the scenes area" of the surgery center, Layton helped me get him suited up in a lovely disposable gown. The bed was fairly comfy and had a TV for the big man to watch while he waited...and while I prayed. Even though we've been through this same surgery for Ella, I was still a little anxious.

Ella climbed up on the bed with him, and they watched TV together. The Velcro-type stuff on the back of the gown wouldn't stay fastened. Ella kept trying to make it stay closed. It was so sweet!




No comments: