Thursday, September 24, 2009

Life Lessons...

Things I've learned from my mother:



Always wear clean under wear. This is a really good point.



A Coca-Cola bottle from the eighties is the best way to hang an angel food cake.



Things I've learned from my children:



Never try to climb a chest of drawers.



Never leave the house without a change of clothes.



Sharing is not an innate urge. It must be taught and learned.

Let sleeping babies be.

Things I've learned from my job:



Even if you are just the bearer of bad news, you will get chewed out. The messenger will get shot. "Mr. X, you owe $43,000 on the federal return and $16,000 on the state return." "It's really not my fault that you made a bunch of money and didn't make any estimated payments; I tried to talk to you about this 9 months ago." "No, I cannot do voodoo on a tax return."

Keep hand sanitizer in plain view of the client.

If you go above and beyond the call of duty once, it will be expected of you from that point on.



Things I've learned from my husband:



Hunting is fun.


Having an air compressor is almost a necessity. Seriously, how did I take care of things before?


Tivo is definitely a necessity. I remember when Mr. Tivo first came to live with us. I was utterly confused why we needed it. I had a VCR; why did I need a digital recorder? The hubs told me how much I would grow to love it. I cannot imagine life without Tivo now! The hubs is brilliant!!

Things I've learned from TV:




When you meet your true love, Luther Van Dross will not actually be playing in the background while time stands still.



Do not ever say the words....It can't get worse....because it will.


Oprah has the power to make people talk about things they should have kept secret. She's like a skeleton key for the memories people try to lock out of mind.



Things I learned in Mexico:



Having clean water is something to be thankful for - every day. When you drive past a small pond and see children bathing in it, women getting drinking water from it, and dogs playing in it, that one pond will remind you how blessed you are to have clean, running water.

It is okay to be afraid of anything.

2 comments:

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

These made me smile and laugh : ) Especially the Luther Vandross playing in the background comment...so funny!

Mommie Daze said...

Let sleeping babies be for sure! If Wade falls asleep in the car seat, the bouncy seat, whatever, he stays there until he wakes up. And I would cry if I had to give up my DVR.