Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Long and Short of It....


On October 16, Spirit of Athens and Art of the Square are jointly hosting a premiere party for the Southern Shorts Film Festival. The party will include food, beverages, and viewing of the film festival winning films. This good time is going to be held at the Boys and Girls Clubhouse on the square.
I am looking forward to this festival for so many reasons. It will be family friendly and held at McCandless Hall on the beautiful campus of Athens State University. There are so many things I love about our town, and ASU is definitely one of those. While it may not be a large university with a football team, it is one of the most charming campuses I have ever visited. Those who know me well know that I have visited a LOT of college campuses.
All of the pertinent information can be found here. A talented local writer, Kelly Kazek, wrote the article I have referenced. I think I should leave the writing to professionals. In fact, Kelly just had a book published. "Fairly Odd Mother: Musings of a Slightly Off Southern Mom" can be purchased downtown at Pablo's or on Amazon.
For those of you interested in all things celluloid, I would highly recommend a visit to Athens in October!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds very interesting. Give us details after it and let us know how it was!