Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Local Landmark Love...

If you live in North Alabama, you might have heard of Kreme Delite. If not, you should get in your car and head towards Athens now. Kreme Delite is a place of joy. They serve the best milkshakes, malts, and sundaes. I'm not even sure how long it's been in business, but a lady behind us in line the other day mentioned that she worked at Kreme Delite when she was in high school nearly 50 years ago.

When I was a child, Kreme Delite was a big treat for us. My parents would take us after every major event. Spring band concert, cheerleader tryouts, parades...it became a tradition of sorts. My dad was sneaky and went to Kreme Delite without the rest of us during work hours. It got to the point where the ladies knew his car and order. They started on his order before he even got to the window!

Ella is a HUGE Kreme Delite fan. How could anyone not be?

1 comment:

Carole Foret said...

Mmmmm!!! Made me hungry for my sundae!!