Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Things I Am Not Thankful For...

Over the last several days, I have noticed a trend among bloggers, radio shows, television programs, and people I know. It seems that everyone is listing the things he or she is thankful for.

Traditionally, Thanksgiving was actually a day to give thanks for the harvest. Some time during the last 388 years the holiday morphed into a day of general thanks.


I've heard all the lists...I'm thankful for my children...my parents...my friends.... So, I've decided to prepare a list of things that I am not thankful for...things I will never be thankful for...









1. The plastic stuff that companies feel the need to package products in. You know what I am talking about. You wind up cutting the whole darn package and yourself trying to free a desirable new toy. Whoever invented this stuff is going to get a Christmas present from me this year....wrapped in plastic.






2. The twisty tie things that hold toys into the boxes. I want to hunt down the twisty tie inventor and twisty tie him to my front door.




3. Stomach Viruses. I will admit to seeing the silver lining of having a stomach bug...buttoning pants that you haven't worn in three years because your backside got too dang big...but I will never be thankful for a stomach virus. Gross.





4. Disease. In general. Cancer, flu, AIDS, cholera, heart disease, genetic disorders...nope. I am not thankful for disease.



5. Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag. Yeah. Whatever. I just can't tolerate them. I'll say a prayer for myself for being so rude. Speidi would approve of that.

I guess that is all I can think of for now. I have no doubt that I will think of 12 more things I am not thankful for now that I am done with this post. I'll just make another one later...

1 comment:

KK said...

LOL, I am not thankful for fire ants!