Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Okay, I Admit It...

So, I did a whole post about the things I am not thankful for. I felt I should take a few moments out of this week to show off the three things I am always thankful for in my life. I could list hundreds of bullet points about why I love them, but I have chosen to link a series of fragments instead.


The Hadley. The one. The only. The master of strange food combinations. Seriously, who eats salsa on cool ranch Doritos? She is my first child. My relaxed child. My quiet child. She is thoughtful and kind. A lover of animals. A child who loves her younger siblings.



The Ella. Sassy. So much potential. My cuddle bug. The only person I have ever known who truly loves unconditionally. She idolizes her big sister. Adores her brother. Loves to cook. Gives more hugs and kisses than anyone I know. My middle baby.




The Layton. The chop. The one who makes funny faces for pictures. The curly hair that captivates my soul. The dimples that melt my heart. The one who calls his teeth chicklets. My boy baby. At least that's what he tells me. The youngest of my brood.




These photos were taken at a local restaurant. I used my cell phone, so they aren't really good pictures. I sat with my family eating chips and salsa and was overcome with love for my little ones. I know that I am cynical sometimes. Ok, a lot of times. But, when you sit and listen to innocent children talking about the upcoming holidays, it sparks a flame. A longing for the days of yore when I was ridiculously excited about eating turkey with my cousins. A time when it seemed like Christmas took FOREVER to arrive. A time that seemed magical. So, I will make every effort to make the holidays as magical and wondrous as possible for my young.

No comments: