Thursday, February 18, 2010

Donna Reed vs. Amanda...

Without a doubt, I have mentioned that I am not very good at the whole home maker thing. I am, however, incredibly anal. I insist on ironing everything before it goes in the closets. The mornings are smoother when I can just pull out clothes for the children without pausing to iron them before the nuggets don them for school.

This is the iron I have been using for quite some time now.


I have had numerous irons over the years. I had a really fancy and expensive Rowenta iron a number of years ago. It was wonderful, but I just can't justify spending $100 on an iron when I know that I will use it so much that it's lifespan is less than a year. The Rowenta was a gift by the way.
Anyway, my iron is showing signs that it's demise is near. It doesn't always stay hot, and it leaks water worse than the sprinkler system. Oh, some of you may not know about the time our neighbor's Mercedes died in their garage. The dealership thought it would be okay to tow it out of the garage by driving straight through our front yard. The tow truck took our sod and sprinkler system with it. The point. The point is that I am feverishly shopping for a new iron. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone else insist on ironing everything before hanging it in the closet? Or, have I reached a level of anal that should require therapy?