Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pet Peeve....

I have a cell phone. I have a land based phone line for my house. I have three land based phones lines in my office. I have two email addresses; one is for home (web based) and the other for work. I have a facsimile in my office.

I get slightly more than zero cell phone reception in my office. I have no windows. My office is the innermost room of a cement building. In the event of nuclear apocalypse, my office is a safe place to be.

Why is it that some people refuse to accept that there are other ways to get in touch with me besides my cell phone?

If you call my cell phone while I am at work, 9 times out of 10, I will NOT answer. My cell phone will NOT ring. If my cell phone does ring, it is because I happen to be standing out front holding my cell phone. If you have a question related to what I do for a living, call my office. Plain and simple.

Even though I have told a certain client at least two dozen times not to call my cell phone during business hours, he still ONLY calls my cell phone. Inevitably, when I leave for the day, I will walk outside and hear my phone chime alerting me to voice mails I didn't know I had. Then, the guy gets mad at me for not returning his call until after 5:00. Time after time I am greeted with...."I only deal with business during business hours. Call me tomorrow!!" Time after time I remind him...."You know my office phone numbers. You know my email address. Please use one of those two methods to contact me during the day. I don't have any cell phone reception in my office." Without fail, he calls my cell phone the next day.

No comments: