Monday, July 20, 2009

Nebo...







Last weekend, Jay and I had a party to go to. The drive to the party took us by Nebo Community Church. We paused and asked Ella to take our picture in front of the church. She was a little perplexed but did a great job. We explained that this small, quaint, country church is where we got married...just before God created dirt. The church has a lot of meaning to me. It is located in a small community referred to as Jones's Cross Roads. My father grew up at the cross roads; my grandfather owned a grocery store at the cross roads; and my great grandparents were a huge part of the church. In fact, the day we got married, the only decoration on the altar was the set of sterling silver candle sticks my great grandmother bought for the church decades ago. It may not boast impressive columns or a large sanctuary, but Nebo is a beautiful church to many in our area.



No comments: