Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Heat and Soul Hadley....

My oldest child is one of the sweetest children I have ever met. She loves all animals. When she was younger, she had an "animal lovers list" in her journal. She told us she struck Jay's name from the roll call because he hunts. We thought she was kidding about the list until I happened across it one day while cleaning her room. Sure enough, Jay's name had a big, blue mark through it.

Here she is cleaning out her hamsters' cage. It is her responsibility to clean up after her critters. You can see the water all over the driveway behind her. I have never seen anyone take a hamster cage so seriously.



Hadley doesn't smile much when I take her picture. I have to beg her to bust out a grin. It's like she were born in 1890 when no one smiled in photographs. You know what I am talking about. The serious pictures of way back when. She may be serious, but she sure is sweet.











1 comment:

Sunshine Mama said...

cute photos. I like the sepia. That upper one looks like she's trying to decide is she want to smile.