Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Don't and I Won't...

Jenna’s Journey Blog



Another Wednesday is upon us! Like last week, I am participating in Jenna's I Don't Wednesday. She is doing a special edition this week. I am just doing a normal list because I listed my creed of beliefs a while back.



I don't like almonds.

I don't like seeing my children cry. I have even been known to seek punishment for bullies. Example: There was a child who bullied my oldest for an entire year. It started when she told Hadley that we weren't rich enough to be her friend. She stuck gum in Hadley's hair, cut Hadley's hair, called her names, put glue in Hadley's chair, and on and on. Finally, after speaking to the teacher and principal (more than once), I met my limit for turning the other cheek. I bought Hadley a jumbo pack of Hubba Bubba and told her to take care of business. She didn't get bullied after that.

I don't know how to play Monopoly. It wasn't a game I was ever interested in playing, so I haven't ever played it. Rook...that's more my speed.

I don't drink coffee. I prefer a Diet Mountain Dew in the mornings. At work, I drink water or crystal light. I love the lemonade flavor!

I don't like it when clients try to skirt labor laws. Just pay your people overtime, pay workers comp, and deal with it. Pigs get fat; hogs get slaughtered.

I don't like the smell that is left in the kitchen after you fry something for dinner.

I don't let my middle child buy lunch at school. It's too dangerous with her allergies.


Well, that should wrap up this week's list of don'ts. I have to conserve some for next week too!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

I don't drink coffee either! And seriously, I fried hushpuppies two nights ago and I can STILL smell it. EW!

michele said...

Good for you for helping Hadley deal with a bully! I'm afraid I'll be the same way when my son gets older. I'll be the mom on the playground that the other kids are afraid of! ;)

Anonymous said...

FYI - something BIG is happening at Sunshinemeg tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

As a teacher, I find bullying to be an extremely frustrating problem. Sometimes our hands are tied. My son handled his bully problem in school with my permission. He did not throw the first punch, but he threw the next four! The other guy didn't get anothe one in. They both served 3 days of in-school-suspension, which should have been 3 days out. However, the vice-principal in charge of discipline knew the whole story and I honestly think he didn't want to punish my son. But of course he had to do something--the fight was in front of their lockers and created quite a crowd.
My daughter who was two years older was told by several students that no one would ever mess with her or her brother again. And they didn't. I'm not an advocate of fighting, but I do believe in standing your ground or you're liable to be running the rest of your life.
an Ohio mom/grandma

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

im with you on thee frying thing ick!

Anonymous said...

Left you a little something, something. Come on over and check it out!

Unknown said...

I love how you dealt with the bully. Sometimes fighting back is the only way. These little sh**s need to learn early on that they can't get away with this and at some point someone will fight back. Better to learn that through gum in their hair then with a gun later on in life when they bully the wrong person.

I also hate Monopoly, it is just so boring an pointless to me..bleh