Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bikini in a Bank...

I was talking to my friend Angela the other night, and we were discussing being pregnant. She's currently expecting her third child. We laughed about how your body is never quite the same after a baby. I mentioned that when I look back on my life, I realize how conservatively I have always dressed. Me show skin? Never! I am wrapped up like a burrito 90% of the time. I told her that sometimes I think I should have been dressing like a skank before I had children. That's when I decided to blog about....things I should have worn or done before I had children...



1. I should have worn a string bikini all summer long...even to the bank, post office, and Wal-Mart. Hey, I live in Alabama; plenty of people go in public while looking less than public ready. Have you been to http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/? The problem with this one is that my mother would have thrown a fit if I came home with a string bikini.



2. I should have gone to Mardi Gras and flashed the world. Ok. There's no way I would have done that...EVER! It would take a serious amount of alcohol for me to even consider doing that. And then, I would have awakened the next morning in a tub full of ice water missing a kidney. On second thought, this probably doesn't belong on my list.



3. I should have worn one of those ridiculously low cut and tight sweater dresses that Victoria's Secret sells. A woman in her 30s with three children probably shouldn't be wearing one unless she is a VS model with plenty of time and resources to focus on working out three hours a day.

4. I should have worn daisy dukes. Yes, conservative me never actually had a pair of really, really short shorts. Gosh, I dressed like a school marm!

I can't really think of anything else. I guess what I am saying is that...if you got it, flaunt it while you can! Too soon, your body will be a road map of all the events in your life....and it ain't always pretty.

3 comments:

KK said...

I haven't even had kids and I know what you mean! I look at the pics from 10 years ago when I thought I was fat or this or that and they now look skinny :)

Mommie Daze (Colleen) said...

Oh, so true! I remember when I was younger always being worried about if what I wore made me look fat. Of course I wasn't fat at all then. If only my 19 year-old self had known what my 34 year-old body would look like. I would have appreciated the 19 year-old body a lot more.

Celeste said...

I feel that your blog is speaking to me. I'm going out to get a Brazilian tomorrow and you'll probably see me at Bennett's wearing a thong. Get ready.