Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Infidelity...

Infidelity. The word sounds dirty. Why do people cheat? I've been thinking about this topic A LOT lately.

I have a couple of friends who have had to deal with infidelity. I have to be honest. I don't know if I could be that strong.

My grandfather had an affair and my grandparents went through an epic divorce battle as a result. Epic may be an understatement. They had been married for decades when they divorced. In fact, both of their children were married, and my mother was pregnant with my brother at the time. Their divorce colored every holiday, birthday, graduation, wedding, and special occasion.

I honestly don't understand it. Why cheat?

The thing I really don't understand is how anyone has enough time to perpetrate an affair. I'm being serious. I don't know how I could possibly squeeze an affair into my already hectic schedule. I don't know how my husband could spare the time for a mistress. Apparently though, when someone really wants to have an affair, they will find a way to make the time for it.

So, why cheat?