Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This Is Just Nasty...

Last week, the children and I met Jay in Huntsville for dinner. We had been in Madison dealing with some things, and just decided to make a night of it.

We decided to visit a local "natural" food store. It was APPALLING!!! None of their products were individually packaged. So gross. You had to use a dipper to get the amount of rolled oats you wanted and then weigh them. No rolled oats for me! Who knows if the last person to get oats even had clean hands? Icky!!! Products that should have been in a sterile environment were just laying on the shelves!! Does anyone know the health department's number?

I ventured in the back area where the coolers were.....I wish I hadn't.....I nearly got sick when I saw their empty cooler with empty liquor bottles and nasty stains....


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Yep. This is what one of their coolers looked like. Needless to say, we will NOT be going back to that store and didn't buy anything.

On a more positive note, an Earthfare store just opened on the highway. Obviously, if you want organic food or local produce, this is the place to go....not the Pearly Gates Store on Mock Drive.