Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit...He Cracks Me Up...

Have you heard of the blog Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit?
The author is hilarious!! And, really open about his weight loss struggles and successes. He did a post about television shows that literally made me laugh out loud!! Some of my favorites...

True Blood Sugar

Dancing with the Starves

Lard & Order

Two and a Half Meals

Are those not hysterical??!!?? My latest fitness/weight loss efforts are going well so far. I got in a good workout last night. Cardio at the high school track and strength in my living room. Layton said I looked strong while I was lifting the 10 pounders for triceps. It was so sweet!!

Last night I ran/walked just under 5 miles. 4.92 to be exact...according to the GPS thingy on my fitness tracker app on the ole cell phone. I couldn't run the entire distance because I was packing heat...which tends to weigh the pants down...and threatens to slide the pants down...yes, I need a holster for exercising. Ok, I know that probably seems a little extreme for a walk, but in my defense the track I like to walk goes through some heavily wooded areas.



As I walk, I keep expecting a serial rapist and murderer to jump out of the woods and try to grab me. It happened to Chandra Levy. I totally thought Gary Condit had something to do with her disappearance, didn't you? Can't you totally picture some psycho hiding in the tree line...


When I find myself alone on a stretch, I wonder if I am going to happen upon the decomposing body of a crime victim. It would be just like the first five minutes of Law and Order.

Scene Opens with:
Brunette running along wooded path.
She makes a face as she notices a horrible smell.
Her eyes hang on the sight of a lifeless hand sticking out of the bushes...


Come on. Tell me you wouldn't be slightly creeped out running this track as daylight starts to come to an end. So yes, I pack some heat when I walk or run this track. Or, I ask a friend to go with me.

Do you think I am totally paranoid?