Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Kick It Outta The Park...And Kick Cancer's A$$...

Will Haney lives in our community and has a rare form of cancer. I know I mentioned his struggle last summer after attending a benefit concert for his family. This summer was just as hard for them...they found out that his cancer is not gone and more chemotherapy will have to take place. Because he has a rare form of cancer normally only found in children (he's 34), he is going to MDA in Texas. I believe he has had 19 rounds of chemo so far. It is very expensive for them to travel back and forth.

Will was such an athlete in high school! What am I talking about?! His whole family is crazy athletic!! If there was a ball involved in a sport, one of the Haney kids was number one on the team!!! His friends had a "Tournament of Champions" to raise money for Will and his wife Emily. There was kickball, corn hole, volleyball, and great food! The event lasted all day long!!


Check out these cutie pies getting in one of the kiddie pools! These adorable girls are fraternal twins and are just absolutely precious!


I played on a kickball team. We called ourselves the "New Kicks on the Block." Cute, huh? I am not ashamed to admit that I didn't even know the rules for kickball before the event took place. Jay filled me in a little bit, and my team did a great job telling me what to do the next day.

I am the one in pants. Duh. I don't ever wear shorts. I have the world's ugliest legs and have been super self conscience about them since I was little. Not to mention the fact that the vampires in Twilight have more of a tan than I do. It's some scary whiteness!! HA! I didn't even realize how far away I was from the team until I looked at the picture later. Wow. That opened a whole other can of worms. Maybe I should do a post about not feeling like I fit in. I don't have any issues at all. HAHAHAH!!
Posted by Picasa

Our team lost, but in our defense we were up against a really good team. They took home third place last year and only had two girls on their whole team. Obviously, we only had three men. It was for a great cause though and was a lot of fun!!