Saturday, February 26, 2011

Chili Challenge...And Silent Auction...

Hospice is such a wonderful organization. In the weeks leading up to my father's passing, it was such a blessing to have a local non-profit hospice to assist with his care. I, personally, feel particularly strong about helping with the annual fundraiser for Hospice.

Every February Hospice has a Chili Challenge and Silent Auction. There were probably 30 different booths of chili! You pay for a ticket, and then you can walk from booth to booth sampling the chili. You get to vote for your favorite and the booth with the most votes wins. There is also a vote for the cutest booth.

I helped with the silent auction again this year, and it was so much fun! We had all kinds of things in our booth. Autographed footballs from Nick Saban, passes to a local water park, massage gift certificates, scooters, football prints, paintings of Toomers Corner, and tickets to the SEC basketball championship were just a few of the items in the Sports booth. There were also booths for children's items, antiques, travel, entertainment, and many more. By the time I left, our booth had raised over $2,500!

These are a few hospice employees enjoying the day. And probably a little shocked that I was photographing them.... HA!



I kind of think we need a new banner for the sports booth, but it's the same one that's been used for as long as I can remember.



The adorable girls from Valley Imaging had their Bowls of Fire booth again! Clearly, their chili is HOT!




This guy worked really hard on his booth.


Before things got super packed I snapped a picture of what was in front of me.


When Jay and the kids came to see me (I had to get there really early to finish setting up), the gym was so packed that you could hardly walk. How great is that??!!!?
Overall, the day was a complete success, and I am so lucky to have been able to volunteer to help with it.