Friday, November 18, 2011

Honest, I Didn't Smack Him...

The night before our Christmas card picture session a wicked wail came from Ella's bedroom. As I investigated the gosh awful wail, I discovered Layton curled up crying and holding his eye. There were two versions as to what happened. Ella claimed that Layton fell off her bed. Layton claimed that Ella helped him fall off the bed. The only thing I can tell you for certain is that he had one heck of a goose egg above his eye. Karma. I had mentioned the impending photo shoot.

I curled up on the sofa with little man and an ice pack. We sat on the sofa so long that he fell asleep with the ice pack resting on his face. I was sort of desperate to get the swelling down before the pictures. Vanity, I know.

Posted by Picasa

The next day the goose egg was gone, but he had a lovely purple eye. It was almost the same shade of purple that I use as eye shadow. I don't think it will show in the pictures, and even if it does, Carla will photoshop it right out. That's just the way life goes with small children. The day before pictures someone will bust their head or rip their dress.

And

Just in case you were wondering

Yes, that is a scar above his eye. He actually did fall out of bed once when he was smaller. He hit himself just so on the night stand and busted his head wide open. It happened in the middle of the night. He didn't cry or come get us. He went right back to bed. When we went to wake him up the next day, he was bloodied and bruised something fierce. I felt awful about it. Mother of the year award...right here. Ha!