Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Random Thoughts and Observations...


-Kennedy. What was the first thing that went through your head? Don't worry. I thought about a gazillion different tragedies too. Well, I happened to see someone tweet a picture of Taylor Swift hanging out with a Kennedy...it's a suspected romance. I immediately wanted to tell Swifty to run. No one ever makes it in or out of a relationship with a Kennedy unscathed. Wait, there was that one...

-The smell of coffee is soooo delish. I love it when a coworker makes coffee in the afternoons. I do not drink coffee though, so I just smell it and go, "Ahhhhhh, that's nice." If I'm going to have a hot beverage, nine times out of ten it will be tea. Hot chocolate is the other 10%.


-There is chocolate milk on my shirt. And my pants. I'm pretending like I didn't spill chocolate milk on myself while driving. I am also pretending that no one has noticed the big, brown blur across the entire front side of my pants. I have pranced around the office seemingly oblivious to the fact that it looks like something awful happened on my lunch break. 


-Sushi is good. Don't try to argue with me. I will go on pretending that everyone on the planet likes shrimp tempura rolls as much as I do. Courtesy of Sakura...



-I took the codependents to the Kids Dugout the other day. I like to swing while I watch them play. I sat down in one and grabbed the chains and took off. The chains were super rusty looking. My hands were orange when we left. I guess I should call the Parks and Rec service to see if they are aware of the tetanus hazard. Right?

-Strapless bras. What's up with that? I am wearing one (because it makes me look semi-classy to not have bra straps showing under my lacy-shouldered shirt), and it sort of feels like it's been sliding down all day. It's a fancy, schmancy bra with the silicon stuff on it designed to keep it in place. Truthfully, it's not sliding down; it just feels that way because there are no straps. Am I the only one who thinks all shirts should be bra-friendly?

-I have probably committed at least five grammar atrocities in this post that would no doubt make Mrs. Hargrove force me to diagram sentences all night long. I need to get my grammar groove back. Please, if you happen to see Mrs. Hargrove in town, let her know that I think of her every time I split an infinitive or dangle a participle. I might have even busted out the sign of the cross after using the words aren't I at the end of an interrogative.