Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Past Haunts Me...and Makes Me Laugh...

There are a lot of sayings about the past. You know what I mean. It never stays buried. Don't dwell on the past. If you forget the past, your doomed to repeat it. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Not all that horribly long ago, my children stumbled upon some things from my past in a closet. No, the past did not stay in the closet. It was dragged out....and made a scene....and proved that I am a hoarder in need of intense, professional help.

 
Ella was seriously digging my majorette jacket. Why do I still have this???? Why?? People, this is not okay. This is an example of hoarding gone awry. I didn't even know I still had this thing! When you hoard the point of not knowing what you are hoarding...it's bad.

 
And why, oh why, would I still have my cap and gown????

 

And more importantly, why would I have my brother's cap and gown??? Layton thought it was great though. He didn't want to put mine on because, "it's a girl outfit." I didn't bother explaining the word unisex.

 
Posted by Picasa

If you happen to be a psychiatrist, please give me a call. I clearly need to be medicated.