Monday, March 04, 2013

Backseat View...

I'm not entirely sure how it's possible. Every day this little man reels me in more and more. When I was pregnant with this little fellow, I loved him. When he was born, I loved him. When the house was dark and quiet in the wee hours of the morning, I loved him. Actually, those moments are some of my most favorite memories with Layton. Bless him; he didn't really get much alone time with me or J. That's the plight of the third child, so when he would cry out in the middle of the night, I treasured rocking him and spending time with just my boy baby. Oh, how I love this boy.


 
Posted by Picasa

Maybe it isn't this way for all mothers, but for me the love grows deeper every day. Just when I think there is no way that I could love more, the world completes another rotation, and my heart is bigger. The feel of his skin when he rubs his face against mine causes my heart to grow. The smell of his curls when he snuggles up next to me causes my heart to grow. The sound of his voice greeting me after school forces my heart to swell. Some times I think my heart might actually burst when I squeeze him tight, but no, my heart doesn't burst. It continues to grow each and every day.