Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Walking with Magritte...

Not too long ago J, Ella, and I went for a long walk in the woods. The other 67% of my children chose not to go on an adventure with J and me. I can't ever imagine why. Bwhahahaahahaah.

I took just under 25,015 pictures. Not really but it did seem that way when I was flipping through them later. Ella demanded a photo op every 15 steps. :) Poor middle child, no one gives her enough attention.

One picture stood out for me. She found a gigantic leaf, and I told her to hold it up for me. When I looked back at the pictures, I instantly thought about The Son of Man.

 
Posted by Picasa

When Hadley was itty bitty, my older brother gave her a book. The book was called Dinner at Magritte's. It's an adorable children's book that is about a boy named Pierre who sneaks away to his neighbor's house. The neighbor is Rene Magritte, and his house guest is Salvador Dali. The whole publication is illustrated with bowler hats, melted clocks, flying fish, and other tributes to the artists' works. This book was one that all three of my children had me read to them ad nauseam.
 As I looked at this picture, I couldn't help but wonder if somewhere in her little mind, she thought about Magritte. I asked her to hold it up. She did just that.