Monday, July 13, 2009

Birmingham Zoo...Not My House...

Yesterday, I took the nuggets to the Birmingham Zoo. It was a nice change of scenery. Usually, I refer to our house as a zoo.
I was a little concerned at first because we went through a massive rain storm. Then, the sun came out and fun was had by all.
Sadly, my camera took its last picture on Friday. All of these are from my phone....not good. I bought two disposable cameras in the gift shop. I will get those pictures later today. It was odd using a disposable camera. I kept looking down expecting to preview my shot, and then I would remember that I wasn't using my digital camera. It felt like 1998!



Charsy, Hadley, and Layton playing in the water area of the zoo. I'm not sure where Ella was in this shot. Layton loved the water spouts!


Ella and Layton on the train.


Hadley and Charsy on the train.


The girls checking out the ostrich.





Four nuggets smashed into one train seat.



Layton being the flirty boy that he is. The humidity in the air had his curls out in all their glory. I hope I got some good shots of him from the back. We'll see when I pick up my photos.





Ella doing her best super model pose.





Hadley. She was so precious the whole time. She is the quietest most relaxed child I have ever met. Clearly, she got that from her dad because I am not relaxed...AT ALL! She carried her Harry Potter book in her American Girl backpack all over the zoo. I think she kept expecting us to sit a spell. Unfortunately for her, we were on the move the whole time.
I expected all four of them to pass out on the ride home, but not a one went to sleep. They chattered the whole way to Athens. More later...






1 comment:

momx2 said...

Oh how I miss the zoo! It just to be 25 minutes from us, we went once a week.

Ella CRACKS me up with her poses.