Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Secrets Revealed...Blame MckLinky...

It's Bog Hop Tuesday!
So, this week is titled Three Things You Don't Know About Me. Since I am the queen of "too much information," it was hard to come up with three things you might not know about me.






1. My aversion to guacamole has nothing to do with its taste. Ramona Quimby's dislike of it lead to a ruined party dress in one of my favorite Beverly Cleary books. When I read the book as a young child, I was determined to never ruin a party dress. Pathetic but true.









2. I have Rubbermaid boxes full of "treasures" in my bedroom. I save all kinds of things and jot down their significance. For example: Jay and I began our journey to the altar in trigonometry. One day he drank a 20 ounce Mello Yello in class. That same day, he took my picture. Before class let out that day, I took the label from the bottle to remember the occasion (obviously, this makes me seem like a strange stalker). The label still rests in an envelope with "Jay" scribbled on the front. Also in the envelope: a valentine card he sent me, a fortune from a cookie, a receipt from one of our early dates, and his picture. Some day, when I am old and frail, my children can open the boxes of goodies, and hopefully, help me remember the days that seemed insignificant but made me who I am. Strangely enough, our trigonometry teacher signed my year book... with a prediction that Jay and I would marry.









3. The first beer I ever drank was a Corona. I was a young teenager, and the minister of my church handed it to me. We were in Mexico building houses. We ran out of water, and the only thing we could find that was safe to drink was beer. It tasted so gross. I remember thinking that I was drinking moldy water and would certainly die. The temperature was well over 100 degrees that day, and I was so hot and thirsty that I drank it anyway. In the sixteen years since that day, I have rarely consumed beer. I just don't like it. Sometimes, I will see Corona in the grocery store and think fondly of my beer buzz on a mission trip. Hey, Presbyterians can do that in moderation.




.***

MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

Cody said...

jay likes Mellow Yellow, I never new that.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just blog hopping and enjoyed reading your blog. I love reading about new blog friends....


http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/