Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sleeping Angels...

When I was a child, my favorite movie was The Little Colonel. I watched it over and over. Shirley Temple's character was "Lloyd Sherman," and she was adorable in that movie. Hattie McDaniel portrayed a maid called "Mom Beck." As Mom Beck looked in on a sleeping Lloyd, she declared, "When your sleeping, you look like an angel out of heaven. Nobody would ever know you're a regular little devil." But try to envision Hattie McDaniel saying it as only she could. I must admit there is some truth to that sentiment. There are few things sweeter than looking at a sleeping child.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious. I baby sit from time to time and man do those kids wear me out, but when they sleep they are pretty easy to handle. hahah. Happy almost Friday.

Sunshine Mama said...

I totally agree with you. They look so sweet when they're sleeping, I just love it. I could eat them up they're so cute.